Sider

fredag 3. august 2012

My top 5 artists of all time

During our trip to Greece my friend Renate and I started to discuss our top artists/bands of all time. I guess this is the sort of topics that are brought up when you lay on a beach all day with one person to talk to...

These are not necessarily artists I listen to in the present time, but who I have had a special relationship to during my 23-year old life.

Anyways, after some contemplation, I decided my top 5 list looks like this:

1. Nirvana

Time: 13 - 14 years of age; although I can still enjoy listening to them.

Top track: Smells like Teen Spirit


2. Bob Marley

Time: My year in Mexico 2010 - Bob was played in every reggaebar at every occation!

Top track: Redemption Song

3. The Cranberries

Time: Adolecence - when I was around 15 and started to develop a certain personal taste of music.

Top track: Linger

4. Manu Chao

Time: Discovered him when I spent a semester in Cuba, he was my boyfriends favourite musician. I still listen to his tracks... And I am actually going to see him live is Oslo this month!

Top track: Descaparecido.

5. No Doubt

Time: No Doubt was one of my earlies discoveries...Tragic Kingdom was the first CD I bought and I am proud of it. I continued to listed to them as a teenager. I want a comeback! Gwen Stefani was my childhood heroin.

Top track: Just a Girl

Stong runner-ups: Green Day, Tori Amos, Black Sabbath, Jack Johnson

Do you have a top 5 list?

Ingen kommentarer: