Sider

tirsdag 12. januar 2010

I have a feeling....


burritos
guacamole<3 me and Christinas favorite
quesadillas

me encanta la comida mexicana! gleder meg...mmm

So here is the plan: I have to get up at 5 AM tonight to catch my flight from Bringeland airport. My next flight leaves from Oslo at 11.05 PM, and takes me over the Atlantic to New Ark airport in New Jersey. I'll be spending a couple of hours in the great U.S of A before catching my final flight to Mexico City. There is a 6 hour time difference (backwards), so I'm going to be tired when I arrive Mexico. My feet will touch mexican ground at 22 PM local time. I will have to spend the night in the capital. This is perhaps my greatest concern, because I haven't ordered any room at a hotel yet! :O But I'm sure I will be able to find somewhere close to the airport where I can stay.

The next day I will go to the bus station to take a bus to Guanajuato, my final destination. The trip is going to take approximately 5 hours. From there I guess I will have to take a cab to the house I'm staying. It at a host family. I'm pretty excited, and I don't think I will be able to get much sleep tonight... Franatically thinking about wether I have remembered everything I need etc.

In other news, today I've been quite efficient. I went to the pharmacy to get sun lotion and stuff I will need,. then I met up with my peruvian friend Vanessa at a café. Later I attended my "last" volleyball practice. It was alot of fun! A brazilian guy coached us and he shared some neat practices with us. I guess I will miss playing volleyball when I'm in Mexico. And Guanajuato lies in the middle of the country, so needless to say - there aren't any beach courts there. They do have a volleyball team at the University, but I don't know if I'm really interested playing with them. Unless they are really good, that is ;p
No, "when in Rome, do as the romans do", as the saying goes. I will try to partake in local activities, such as salsa clases etc. After all, why do the stuff I always do when I have the opportunity to do something extraordinary?
Anywho, tonight my dad ordered take-away pizza for the family. A special "last supper" before my departure:p

Either way, wish me luck. I dread long-trips overseas like this. There's always a certain risk that something will go wrong; like delays, missing flights, missing luggage etc. I cross my fingers.

PS: My luggage weighs about 27 kilos! I hope that'll be okay with the airlines:p It's not easy packing leight for a one year-stay!

PPS: I'm bringing my mini laptop and my Ipod-intensifier. Then I have the most important stuff covered; internet and music:)

Ingen kommentarer: