Sider

søndag 14. mars 2010

my first "quinceañera"

friday me, gustavo and luis set out in luis´ car - and drove to ramzes´pueblo outside of morelia to attend the 15th birthday party of his sister, isabel. in many latin american countries the 15th birthday of girls is a big deal. like the "sweet sixteen" in the states. families will spend huge amounts of money on having a kick ass celebration, and they save money for this day for years... while driving there, i realized i had forgotted my tampons in gto. i asked if there would be any shops where we were going. and luis asked what i needed. it was quite emberassing, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. we ended up looking for tampons in three different places; first in gas station, then in a "Oxxo", but we didnt find it until we stopped at a big supermarked in moroleon. hahaha


we met up with my host mom lourdes and ramzes. we sat by a table and were served food and all the beer we could drink. we started drinking at 4 pm... there were mariachis playing in the back., and after a while luis and gustavo started singing along to every song. all the beer made me want to pee alot. but, we were in a simple rural pueblo, and there weren´t any bathrooms around us. which meant that us ladies would have to go behind some old church ruins to do the necessary. i had to laugh - this was really mexico.

around 9 pm the quinceañera and her selected dance partners entered the stage and performed a rehearsed dance. it was cool to look at.
the bday girls preformes one of her dances
shortly after, luis followed me to the car cus i wanted to get my jacket. he had been drinking more than i had, so he told me he wanted to rest for a bit in the car. i went back to the party. me and gustavo joined the other kids dancing to reaggeton tunes. alot of fun!
about 1 am me and lourdes decided to withdraw ourselves...it had been a long night..., with alot of conversacions that perhaps one would´ve been better without. we hiked a ride with ramz´uncle to the house we were gonna sleep. on the way we stopped to pick up the grandparents. the other kids jumped in the back of the car to make space. we slept in a house with 4 beds. i slept a good 3 hours before the guys awoke me at 4 am. luis had awoken shortly after our departure and was feeling fine, whereas gustavo had been drinking heavily all day. i was shocked to know that luis had driven the car to the house., but he said - relax! its mexico.

got up at around 8-9. drove to morolean, where we stopped for one hour. we went downtown to check out all the cheap clothes (the town is famous for its cheap clothes). i bought a tights to 90 pesos (40NOK), a denim bag (70 pesos) and a denim skirt to 90 pesos. very pleased with this.
from moroleon me, gustavo and lourdes continued in bus to irapuato, where we had to change bus to guanajuato. we were back in town at around 4.30pm. boughts some pizza. went to bed early.


la familia. i share house with ramzes to the right in guanajuato

me and lourdes
8)
luis, ramzes, me and gustavo - 3 of my 4 host brothers
me and gustavo
luis and meee;)

Ingen kommentarer: