Sider

søndag 4. oktober 2009

Carta de motivación

so I had to write a "motivation letter" in my application form to the University of Guanajuato in Mexico (where I hope to attend the next two semesters); in spanish of course. I don't write very well in spanish, so if the spanish speaking audience of my blog notices any misspellings; feel free to give me a poke!

Carta de motivación a quien corresponda

Soy estudiante de bachelor de los estudios de América Latina en La Universidad de Bergen en Noruega. En este grado podemos ir a cualquiera país americalatina (a dónde se hablen español por supuesto!) por nuestro año de intercambio. Entonces mi primera elección es Guanajuato en México; el país más cerca de mi corazon. Estaba visitando a México en marzo 2009 por un mes. Viajé a diferentes lugares como a la Ciudad de México, Puerto Escondido, San Cristóbal de las Casas y otras ciudades cerca del Península de Yucatán. Lamentablemente no fui más septentrional, como a Guanajuato. Deseo saber a México tan mucho que sea posible y pienso que dos semestres en Guanajuato sea un buen empiezamiento de eso. Además he oído cosas buenas de la ciudad de mi amigo mexicano, que me lo recomendió mucho. Al lado de esto, creo que la extensión de Guanajuato es exactamente para mi gusto: no demasiado grande ni demasiado pequeño. Parece que la Universidad de Guanajuato tiene una excelente ofrecimiento educativa, lo que encaja perfectamente en lo que estoy estudiando.
Mis motivaciónes para estudiar en Guanajuato es más que nada que quiero aprender y hablar español con fluidez. Ya he estudiado un año del español en la Universidad de Bergen, pero yo no creo que sea posible aprender un idioma flutamente sin vivir en un país dónde se hable el propio idioma. Viví cuatro meses en Cienfuegos en Cuba en 2007; a dónde comencé a aprender español. Sin embargo, cuatro meses no es suficiente para aprender un idioma. Por eso quiero que Guanajuato va a ser mi próxima parada en el camino. ¡Cómo encanto viajar y ojalá que yo nunca vaya pararlo!


Sinceramente
Martine H.F

from the uni.of Guanajuato

At www.spanishdict.com the translation is as following (keep in mind it's a computer translation):

Motivation letter to whom it might concern

I am a bachelor student of Latin American studies at the University of Bergen in Norway. In this grade can go to any country AmericaLatina (where Spanish is spoken of course) for our year abroad. So my first choice is Guanajuato in Mexico, the country closest to my heart. I was visiting Mexico in March 2009 for a month. I traveled to places like Mexico City, Puerto Escondido, San Cristobal and other towns near the Yucatan Peninsula. Unfortunately I did not go farther north, like Guanajuato. I want to know Mexico as much as possible and I think two semesters in Guanajuato is a good start of it. I have also heard good things about the city of my Mexican friend recommended it to me a lot. Beside that, I think the extension of Guanajuato is exactly to my taste: not too big or too small.

My reasons for studying in Guanajuato is more than anything I want to learn and speak Spanish fluently. I've studied a year of Spanish at the University of Bergen, but I do not think you can learn a language without living flute in a country where they speak the same language. I spent four months in Cienfuegos in Cuba in 2007 where I started learning Spanish. But four months is not enough to learn a language. Guanajuato's why I want to become my next stop on the road. I love traveling and I hope I never stop doing it!


Sincerely
Martine H.F

Ingen kommentarer: