Sider

fredag 9. oktober 2009

lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off


i once promised myself
that id rather die from thirst
than to drink from the same cup again
well action speaks louder than words
and i silenced myself by meeting up with him
but what does one not do to keep the solitude at distance?

i was scared you'd put too much into it
and that i had some explaing to do
i looked into the light on the table
clumsily articulating my thoughts
that there is no "us"
and that you were a temporary high

you said "fine by me"
nonchalant "you are going to go away
so i wouldn't bother anyway"
perhaps to retain the upper hand
this is true, i replied
agreeing upon the matter
thinking to myself:
truth be told - im just not that into you
we stepped outside
my breath transforming into frost mist
i stated how fed up i am of this lousy weather
and we hugged politely goodbye
thinking its the last time we'll do just that

its better like that

i hope you find the one you're waiting for
cus im definitely not her.

Ingen kommentarer: