Sider

mandag 3. november 2008

I am Legend

After sleeping unsatisfyingly 3 hours last night, I was in a pretty lousy condition during my four hour lextures today. When I came back home I decided to take the day 'off' and be lazy. I finally saw "I am Legend", a pirate copy i bought this summer in Torrevieja.



Will Smith is great. Always. I already had great expectations to the movie based on Smith's appearance. He always seem to star in some kind of sci-fi movie and ends up saving the world (hence titles such as "Independence Day", "I Robot", "Hancock" and "Man in Black"). They're rediculous but highly entertaining.

Smith didn't disappoint in "I am Legend" either. I was scared of the virus-infected creatures and I almost sobbed when Sam died (the dog). Smith's portrayed very well how man eventually will turn crazy without human-touch. Because he is the only human left on the earth, he desperately tried to keep sane by every day talking to mannequins in the video store.
Quote:

"I... I promised a friend I would say hello to you today."
[begins to cry]
"Please say hello to me."
[sobs]
"Please say hello to me."

That just broke my heart.

The digital graphics aspects of the movie weren't that good, but I liked how they'd transformed the streets of NY to a ghost town. But what was up with those deers running around? Didn't quite get that. Furthermore I loved how his character referred to Bob Marley as a genious and kept on playing "Don't worry, every little thing is gonna be alright", even though he supposedly was the last man on earth and had to deal with demonized beings that wants to kill him. The humoristic twist and irony in the movie is a nice comic relief. I particulary loved this quote (on Bob Marley):

"He had this idea. It was kind of a virologist idea. He believed that you could cure racism and hate... literally cure it, by injecting music and love into people's lives. When he was scheduled to perform at a peace rally, a gunman came to his house and shot him down. Two days later he walked out on that stage and sang. When they asked him why - He said, "The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness."

Will Smith is a sexy beast. Always have been. When I googled for a cover pic, this turned up:


Okay? Will Smith appears not to be the first actor playing this legend-role. I haven't seen this original(?) but I can somehow foresee that I prefer the newer addition.

Ingen kommentarer: