Sider

lørdag 15. november 2008

the wackness and the revelations surrounding my reserved big brother

last night i went to the movies with my big brother. he also lives in Bergen, and from time to time we take the time off to socialize. he first asked if i wanted to see "burn after reading", but ive already seen that. then he asked if i wanted to see the new bond movie, but ive also seen that. he criticized my active movie-going, but i excused myself by referring to my rightful procrastination of reading in advance of my upcoming exam. so we decided to see "The Wackness"


i hadn't even heard about it before. but this movie was fuckin great. its about this kid (Josh Peck) in NYC who'd just graduated from HS and the hot summer following it. he's a drug dealer and works hard to earn money for college. along with his family's economic problems he is stuggling with the girls, more spesifically about losing his virginity. he goes to a shrink to talk about his issues. he trades services with the shrink in exchange of marijuana. the elderly shrink (Ben Kingsley) has his own problems. together they develope a unique friendship. at the same time, he falls in love with a girl from his class (Famke Janssen). the girl is his shrink's step daughter. together they spend the summer together. but everythings about to have an abrupt change when he says the L-word...

this movie is both fun and intelligent. i think it sums up the heat of NYC in the mid 90's with music influences such as Notorious B.I.G and the death of Kurt Cobain. Ben Kingsley, who stars as Dr. Jeffrey Squires, must take alot of credit for this movie. he plays an old and eccentric junkie with alot of humoristic tendencies. i recommend this movie highly.

furthermore,
after the movie me and by brother went for a beer. my brother doesn't really share much of his private life. not even with his family. it has always bothered me abit. a couple of weeks ago a bird whispered me in the ear and told me he has a girlfriend. whom he has never mentioned. when i confronted him he refused to talk about it. but last night i brought up the subject again, and he actually answered my curiousities. i now know abit about his lady friend. i know the hard facts as how old she is and where they met. the next step is that maybe i can meet her. but in his tempo, im sure thats not gonna happen until they're engaged in a 5-years time.


today, saturday, is his 25th birthday. i shall bake him a cake on sunday.

Ingen kommentarer: